Melissa's Cuisine: Strawberry Fruit Leather

Friday, February 10, 2012

Strawberry Fruit Leather

I've seen many recipes for fruit leather and I always say that I want to try it.  I finally decided that enough is enough and it was time to give it a try!  It's hard to call this a recipe, it's more like a guide I suppose.  These are so easy, I don't know why I haven't made these before!  The hands-on time was so minimal, and these are delicious.  It's an good way to get some more fruit in your diet while feeling like you're eating candy!  I will warn you though, it takes about 8 hours for these to dry in your oven, so don't plan on using your oven for anything else.  Oh yeah, and don't be like me and start these at 6pm...I had to get up at 2am to take them out of the oven!
Strawberry Fruit Leather

Makes 1 10x17" cookie sheet full, about 36 strips

You will need:
1 quart of strawberries, washed and hulled

1.  Blend strawberries in your blender until they are completely smooth.

2.  Pour onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and spread into an even layer.

3.  Set your oven to the lowest possible temperature, mine was 170 degrees.  Place cookie sheet in the oven until the fruit is dry.  It took mine about 8 hours.

4.  Let the fruit leather cool completely before cutting it into strips.  Store in an airtight container. 

If your fruit leather ends up too dry, especially around the edges before the center is dry, you can spritz it with a small amount of water.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of this as it's so easy and would make a great decoration on the side of a dessert as well as a healthy snack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I might try this over night tonight!
    BLessings!
    http://bit.ly/dGeX4c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips