Melissa's Cuisine: MandM Cookies

Friday, February 17, 2012

MandM Cookies

I'm blessed to have a job where I have Fridays off.  As a result, I typically spend my Fridays in the kitchen!  I love it :)  I recently asked Mike if there was anything he would like me to bake for him.  Typically he says no, but on this day he requested his favorite--M&M cookies.  I, of course, turned to my go-to recipe for chocolate chips and just subbed out the chocolate chips for M&M candies.  These are the cookies that I grew up eating.  I remember coming home from school to my mom pulling a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies out of the oven.  It was the perfect after-school-snack.  One that kids and adults alike can enjoy.  I'm sure you'll love these cookies as much as Mike and I do!
M&M Cookies

Makes 2 dozen cookies

You will need:
2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup M&M candies

1. In a medium bowl, beat together the shortening, margarine, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.

2.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.

3.  Mix in flour and baking soda until well combined.

4.  Stir in M&M candies.

5.  Drop cookies by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet.

6.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

Store in an airtight container.

Source:  My mom's recipe

3 comments:

  1. I would love it if you shared this here:

    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/02/show-your-stuff-11-animal-cracker.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are a favorite in my house too!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look scrumptious! Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips