Melissa's Cuisine: Baked Brie

Monday, December 05, 2011

Baked Brie

Mike took me out for dinner to a fancier restaurant for Valentine's Day this past year.  Typically we don't order appetizers, but since it was a special occasion, we decided to order the baked brie.  While Mike wasn't a huge fan, I thought it was delicious!  I couldn't wait to try making it on my own.

I finally got the chance to make baked brie for Thanksgiving.  I offered to bring an appetizer, already knowing what I was going to bring. I would say this baked brie was a huge hit.  I topped the brie with some mango and papaya preserves, but I think just about any fruit flavor would be delicious!
Baked Brie

Serves 10 (as an appetizer)

You will need:
1 sheet of puff pastry (thawed)
1 8oz round of brie
3 Tablespoons fruit preserves
1 Tablespoon butter, melted

1.  Unfold thawed puff pastry sheet onto a greased cookie sheet.

2.  Place brie in the center of the puff pastry.

3.  Spread fruit preserves on top of the brie.

4.  Fold up puff pastry to enclose brie.  Pinch edges so the cheese can't leak out.

5.  Brush puff pastry with melted butter.

6.  Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, until puff pastry is golden brown.  Let the baked brie sit for at least 10 minutes before serving, or the cheese will run out.

Serve with sliced apples and crackers.

7 comments:

  1. this looks amazing! it has my mouth watering! thanks so much for participating in merry mondays! so glad i found your blog!

    also, there is another blog event going on at surlykitchen.blogspot.com if you care to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always a fan of Baked Brie at holiday get-togethers! I've never had it with mango preserves though...that sounds delicious! Thanks so much for adding this to Merry Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this looks wonderful - that cheese oozing out is quite drool-impelling! Thanks for a delicious sounding and looking recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I stopped by from A Southern Fairytale. I love baked brie and have a version on my site www.myjudythefoodie.com. You can also coat the brie in honeycup mustard before you wrap it in the phyllo dough, or, even better, pat some brown sugar all over the top under the phyllo before baking. The kicker is to serve the brie with ginger snaps (the thin kind). Your guests will RAVE with delight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love baked Brie!! Thanks for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to make this for Christmas and forgot all about it! I'm so glad I saw this in the Cheesy Linky Party! I'll have to remember it this time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh my i love to eat something delious, thanks for sharin your recipe catalog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips