Melissa's Cuisine: Fanned Garlic Potatoes

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fanned Garlic Potatoes

For some reason, potatoes seem to get a bad rap.  It's probably because of their high carbohydrate content, but as a runner, that's a great thing for me!  Potatoes also contain a good amount of fiber, protein, iron and vitamin C.  You can check out more of their stats here.

While I already admitted I'm not a huge fan of mashed potatoes, I do love baked potatoes.  And I love to prepare them this way, the presentation is just so fun!  Mike had never seen fanned potatoes before, so it was a fun surprise for him.  We both loved the flavor that the garlic infused into each bite of the potato.  I think I'll be skipping the traditional baked potato and preparing them this way more often!

Fanned Garlic Potatoes

You will need:
1 medium potato for each person you're serving
2 garlic cloves per potato (more or less depending on your garlic preference!)
olive oil

1.  Be sure to thoroughly scrub your potatoes to remove all dirt from the skin.

2.  Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the potato into thin slices, being careful not to slice all the way through.

3.  Slice each garlic clove into thin slices.

4.  Place a slice of garlic in between each slice of potato.

5.  Drizzle potato with olive oil.

6.  Place in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350 for 1 hour, until potatoes are tender.

Serve plain or garnish with cheese if desired.

3 comments:

  1. Super Fancy! I'm definitely gonna make these! :D BTW- I do feel guilty eating potatoes... but they are irresistible. I must become a runner to rid these anxieties! haha. Oh and I love the change in your header.. idk when you updated it but it's nice looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. vsdc free video editor full crack
    VSDC Video Editor Pro Activation Key allows you to resize, hide, clear, or delete parts of a video. You can use decorations that are attached to the exterior and exterior of hidden areas. The difference behind coverage between generally accepted goals is to ensure that important transactions are guaranteed or terminated. The application intends to move the recorded video continuously to the next section. A number of functions are required to convert this video: remove unwanted sections, split the video into sections, and expand to different documents.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips