Melissa's Cuisine: Chocolate Peanut Butter Dippers

Monday, November 28, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Dippers

I'm always on the look out for easy snacks for Mike and myself.  The other day I was looking through one of Mike's mom's Food and Family magazines and oohing & ahhing over all the ideas I found.  I ended up borrowing some of her magazines and photocopying half the recipes so I can try them out.  I don't (currently) subscribe to this magazine (yet) but it's one of my favorites because the recipes are so family friendly and something the every-day person can easily make!

It took all of 10 minutes to put this treat together.  I brought Mike one to try and he said "I hope you made more of those!"  Luckily for him, I had, but they're so easy I can make them whenever the craving strikes.  These little dippers combine two of my favorite things, peanut butter and chocolate, so they're a hit in my book too!

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Dippers

Makes 6 (but can easily be doubled or tripled to make more!)

You will need:
12 Nilla wafers
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1.  Spread 6 of the Nilla wafers with about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter each.

2.  Top with another wafer to make little cookie sandwhiches.

3.  In a microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips for 30 seconds or until melted.

4.  Dip each cookie sandwhich halfway into the melted chocolate.

5.  Place on wax paper and allow it to set.  Refrigerate if needed.

8 comments:

  1. Oh they look so delicious. I love how the chocolate is so very shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, yet SO yummy! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm officially in need of chocolate. These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good. Peanut butter and chocolate...I need to go visit my pantry. Thanks for sharing. I think I am going to have to feature you on Home Cooking. I will let you know the date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this sounds yummy and simple! Thanks for linking up to 2 Maids a Baking!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I am hosting a Holiday Cookie Recipe swap and would love to get the word out to other bloggers to post and share their recipe. I do get good traffic on my site so it would mean traffic for others.

    http://happyhomemakercindy.com/2011/11/the-hhc-holiday-cookie-recipe-swap/

    I would love it if you could share the idea with you blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a simple but awesome recipe. My husband would flip for these. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melissa...I am featuring you on Home Cooking this Wednesday. Please stop by. http://gangi-homecooking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips