Melissa's Cuisine: Baked Pumpkin Donuts

Friday, November 18, 2011

Baked Pumpkin Donuts


Two donut recipes in the same week?  What can I say?  I told you I like donuts :) 

The original recipe made these baked donuts as donut holes.  Since I'm having so much fun with my new mini donut pan, I decided to make some mini donuts as well. 



These were a huge hit in our house!  Mike wanted to eat them all before I had a chance to even snap a picture of them.  I think they lasted about a day and a half and then they were all gone.  I can't wait to make these again!

Baked Pumpkin Donuts

Makes about 24 donuts

For donuts:
1-3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 cup milk

For coating:
1 stick (1/2 cup) margarine
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon

1.  In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

2.  In a large bowl, whisk together oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin, and milk.

3.  Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.

4.  Scoop batter into greased tins. I used both mini muffin tins and my mini donut pan.

5.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

6.  While donuts are baking, melt margarine in a small bowl. 

7.  Combine sugar and cinnamon in another small bowl.

8.  Allow donuts to cool for 2 minutes.  Then dip each donut first in the margarine and then roll in the cinnamon sugar.

Source: The Craving Chronicles


4 comments:

  1. You are making it awfully hard for me to stay on my diet! These look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please! Those sound amazing and we are so glad you shared this recipe with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I have never made donuts. I always thought it would be too difficult to do...but wow, this recipe looks simple! Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Great Thanksgiving treat!
    Come to A Themed Baker's Sunday where this week's theme is Thanksgiving treats. Be sure to vote on the side bar for next week's theme as well! Happy Holidays!

    Cupcake Apothecary

    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/11/themed-bakers-sunday-14.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips