Melissa's Cuisine: Baked Caramel Apples

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Baked Caramel Apples

These apples were so delicious!  I made a batch the other day and served it with pork chops.  Growing up, we always had applesauce with our pork chops, so the pair seem so natural to me.  Apples are in great abundance here in Western Michigan, and I love to cook with apples. 

I eat at least an apple a day--it's good for you, you know the saying don't you?  Typically, I cut up an apple for my lunch, but I like to slice them up in my morning oatmeal, or a salad, or make a pie (recipe coming soon!), or a crisp, or spiced apples... Can you tell I like apples?  I know that if you are an apple lover, you'll love this simple and delicious recipe!

Baked Caramel Apples

Serves 6

You will need:

8 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into thick slices (I used a combination of Gala, Granny Smith, and Jonathan)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons margarine
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon

1.  In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, water, margarine, salt, flour, and cinnamon.  Bring it to a boil and stir occasionally until it thickens.

2.  Place apples in a baking dish and cover with caramel sauce.  Stir to coat.

3.  Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes.  Let the baked apples sit for a few minutes after you remove them from the oven so the caramel will thicken.

Serve alongside pork, on top of ice-cream, or plain!


PermanetPosies.com Nap-Time CreationsLark's Country HeartWCWjpg Cast Party WednesdayIt's a KeeperParty Button

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I can almost smell them now. What a great treat for any time of day. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always have pork and apples together too!! I bet it smelled wonderful! Thanks for linking up to 2 Maids a Baking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Caramel sauce and apples! What could be better? Thanks for sharing on Tuesday's Tasty Tidbits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips