Melissa's Cuisine: S'mores Popcorn

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

S'mores Popcorn

One of my absolute snacks is s'mores.  There's something so irresistible about the golden brown marshmallow melting a piece of chocolate on a graham cracker.  However, I'm not always around a campfire to roast marshmallows, so I have to turn to other ways to enjoy s'mores.

Another one of my favorite snacks is popcorn.  When I was growing up, Friday nights were always popcorn nights at our house.  My dad would pop a huge bowl of popcorn, pour melted butter over it, and sprinkle it with salt.  Then we'd settle down to watch a movie and munch on popcorn.

I decided to combine two of my favorite snacks into one: S'mores Popcorn.  I found it absolutely delicious and irresistible and I hope you will too!
S'mores Popcorn

Makes 10-12 servings

You will need:

6 quarts popped popcorn (3/4 cup kernels)
3 cups brown sugar
1 cup water
1 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup margarine
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons vanilla
12 graham crackers
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup chocolate chips

1.  In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, water, corn syrup, margarine, and salt.  Stir constantly until brown sugar dissolves.

2.  Use a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature, and boil the sugar mixture until it reaches 270 degrees.  Stir occasionally.

3.  While sugar mixture is boiling, break 12 graham crackers into bite-sized pieces.  Put in a large bowl with the popcorn and marshmallows.

4.  When sugar mixture has reached 270 degrees, stir in vanilla.

5.  Pour over popcorn, graham crackers, and marshmallows.  Stir until everything  is coated in the caramel.

6.  Pour caramel covered popcorn mixture onto cookie sheets lined with wax paper.  Sprinkle with chocolate chips.

7.  Allow caramel to harden and then break into pieces.  Store in an airtight container.

Lark's Country HeartWCWjpg Cast Party Wednesday It's a KeeperParty Button

10 comments:

  1. Although I don't like popcorn too much, carmel is heavenly! This sounds really good! I Bet it tastes as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! I love anything S'mores. How can you go wrong with chocolate and marshmallows?

    I'd love you to join my linky party, Crazy Sweet Tuesday sometime! The linky is open through Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like amazing popcorn.
    I would love for you to share at my weekly linky fri-mon
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/09/any-linky-goes-17.html
    Come strut your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this idea! I just made some s'mores cupcakes, tried s'mores bars, am thinking of s'mores cookie, and hey, why not do the popcorn! Will have to try it out.

    Saw you at Frugal Girls...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my heavens! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower. I am loving this popcorn. SO unique and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look sooo good! Found you from Something Swanky, I'm your newest follower.

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. um seriously, this looks and sounds so delicious! I love popcorn and love s'mores even more. Can't imagine now wonderful the combination tastes! Sharing this on our Facebook page, thank you for joining us at Inspiration Friday!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up at Bacon Time. Hope you will join us again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sony Vegas Mac Crack
    Sony Vegas Pro Crack makes a non-professional user a pro with its amazing feature. In addition, Sony Vegas Pro Cracked helps you to add any kind of professional effect to any video so easily and quickly. You can put anything you want on any HD, 4K level that no other video editing tool can offer so easily. The latest version of Sony Vegas Pro Full Crack brings many of the latest advancements for professionals. It has more reliable features ??and is perfect for editing your audio or videos effectively.
    https://masabtech.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips