Melissa's Cuisine: Grape Salad

Friday, September 09, 2011

Grape Salad

This recipe is a family favorite.  I requested that we have it at my high school graduation open house and it was a huge hit.  I recently made it for a cookout with some friends and I was told it was a "very good choice"!  This salad is really simple to put together and tastes delicious.  I love that it makes so much, so this is a great dish for your next potluck or cookout!
Grape Salad

Serves 10-12

4 pounds red grapes, washed
8 ounces sour cream*
8 ounces cream cheese*
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup brown sugar, plus extra for topping
1 cup crushed pecans (optional)

1.  In a mixing bowl, mix together sour cream, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and brown sugar until well blended.

2.  Pour over grapes and stir until grapes are completely covered.

3.  Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans (if desired) before serving.

*I often substitute low/no-fat sour cream or Neufchatel cheese.

4 comments:

  1. I've never had a grape salad before. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried grape salad for the first time a couple of months ago. It is amazing!! This one looks delicious, too. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips