Melissa's Cuisine: Egg Muffins

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Egg Muffins

One of my favorite breakfasts (or dinners) is omelets.  I love the combination of eggs, cheese, bacon or ham, and sometimes vegetables.  Omelets are great because they're so versatile, you really can fill them with whatever your heart desires.  Plus, it's a perfect protein-packed meal. 

I decided to make "mini-omelets"...actually more like egg muffins, as I decided to call them.  These are the perfect size for a quick snack or breakfast, or grab a few for a satisfying dinner.  I made a dozen one night and froze them for quick breakfasts.  I did make some with just egg whites, and some with the whole egg--either way, they're delicious!
Egg Muffins


Makes 12

6 eggs
3 Tablespoons milk
3 large potatoes
4 slices bacon
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for topping

1.  Beat eggs and milk together in a medium bowl.

2.  Shred potatoes into the bowl with the eggs.

3.  Fry bacon until crisp and then crumble into egg mixture.

4.  Stir in cheese.

5.  Pour into greased muffin tins.

6.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until eggs are set.

7.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.  Serve warm.

Secret Recipe Club

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love that you can freeze them. I'll be trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look and sound really good! I love omelets too, they are so versatile! It is very handy that you can freeze them. That makes it so quick and easy in the morning to grab them and go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your work it’s very beneficial to many people’s. Your blog approach helps many people like myself. Its content is very easy to understand and helps a lot,
    Do visit my site for new and Updated software:

    LinkAssistant Crack
    Debut Video Capture Crack
    PureVPN crack
    ActivePresenter Crack
    Artweaver Plus crack

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips