Melissa's Cuisine: Cucumber Tomato Salad with Italian Dressing

Monday, September 05, 2011

Cucumber Tomato Salad with Italian Dressing

Happy Labor Day!  I hope you are enjoying a day off and spending time with your loved ones!  If you're looking for an easy side dish to bring to a cookout today, this fresh salad certainly fits the bill!

I've had the opportunity to go to Romania 4 times for summer mission trips.  Each time I went, I was served a delicious cucumber and tomato salad.  The idea is so simple and tasty, yet I had never had it at home!  When I got home I started making this salad and it soon became a staple at our summer meals.  Typically I use a store-bought Italian dressing and drizzle it over the cucumbers and tomatoes but since I'm working with olive oil for these recipes, I decided to make a homemade Italian dressing to top this fresh summer salad.

Cucumber Tomato Salad with Italian Dressing

Serves 6, with some Italian Dressing left over

You will need:

1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon water
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon parsley
1/2 Tablespoon salt
1 cucumber, diced
4 tomatoes, diced

1.  In a pint mason jar, combine vinegar, EVOO, water and spices.  Shake vigorously until well combined.

2.  Pour Italian dressing over diced cucumbers and tomatoes and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.

Refrigerate any remaining dressing.

Mixing the Italian dressing in a canning jar provides easy storage for any leftovers!

Disclosure – As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received Crisco Olive Oils to try with my family and write about it. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.


Mouthwatering MondaysPermanetPosies.com Nap-Time Creations

5 comments:

  1. This looks really good. What is the last spice? You listed 1/2 tbsp but nothing beside it. I love cucumber and tomato salad but I want to try your dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops! That last ingredient was supposed to be salt, I just edited it to add it in...thanks for noticing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such an amazing content. Really loved to read such content. Keep posting such content in future as well.
    Disk Drill Pro Crack
    DVDFab Crack
    ESET NOD32 Antivirus Crack
    DAEMON Tools Pro Crack
    Final Cut Pro Crack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such an amazing content. Really loved to read such content. Keep posting such content in future as well.
    Wise Care 365 Pro Crack
    Visual Studio Code Crack
    Thunderbird Crack
    GOM Player Plus Crack
    REAPER Crack

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips