Melissa's Cuisine: Taco Bowls

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Taco Bowls

This is such a fun and easy dinner!  Mike requested tacos for dinner one night and I thought I would change it up slightly from the traditional taco.  These were just as messy to eat, but they look a lot more fun than a rolled up taco!  Baking the tortilla shells added more flavor and gave the tacos that extra kick!

You will need:
Ground beef, browned and seasoned to your liking
6" Tortilla shells
Shredded cheddar cheese
Tomatoes, diced
Lettuce, shredded
Salsa
Taco sauce
Plus any other toppings you enjoy on your tacos!

1.  Press tortilla shells into the cups of a muffin tin to create the bowl.

2.  Bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes, until edges start to brown and get crisp.

3.  Remove from oven and let the bowls cool for 2-3 minutes (this helps keep their shape).

4.  Fill tortilla bowls with taco meat, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, salsa or taco sauce, and another other taco toppings.  Serve immediately.

Cast Party Wednesday WCWjpg Photobucket Party Button It's a Keeper

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! I am going to try this sometime! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite way to eat tacos is in a taco bowl, thus a taco salad! I actually put mine in a special formed pan that someone gave me, but before that I'd roll up some tin foil, spray the tortillas and lay them on top. As they heated, they would mold around the foil. I love the crunchy shells!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun way for the kids to build there own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! Looks very good! http://bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com My kids would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is probably the cutest way to serve taco! It's always nice to have more fun with food.

    My blog turns 1 today and I’m hosting a giveaway on my blog as a way to say thank you for your supports in the past year. Please come over to check it out if you’re interested. http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your link-up to Whisking Wednesday last week. I hope you'll stop back in this week and link up another amazing recipe!

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/08/whisking-wednesdays-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! These would be great for the Super Bowl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips