Melissa's Cuisine: Rainbow Cookies

Monday, August 15, 2011

Rainbow Cookies

I'm somewhat embarassed to admit that though M&M cookies are my husband's favorite, but this is the first time I've made them for him!  When I saw the recipe for these colorful cookies, I immediately thought of Mike.  I sent him a text to stop at the store and pick up a bag of M&Ms and that night I whipped up our first batch of these delicious cookies.  We took them camping with us and shared them with our cousins, they were a huge hit!  I felt bad though since Mike only was able to enjoy a couple cookies before sharing them, so a few days later I made another batch of cookies.  The second time I baked them for less than the recommended time and they were so soft and gooey.  We both agreed that this is our favorite cookie recipe!

You will need:
2 cups + 2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 sticks margarine, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1-1/2 cups M&Ms

1.  Mix the flour and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.

2.  In a larger bowl, mix the margarine and sugars until they are well combined.  (Be sure to let your margarine completely cool; I didn't the first time and that resulted in extremely sticky dough.  If it happens to you just add a small amount of flour until the dough is able to be formed into balls.)

3.  Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and stir until mixed.

4.  Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until a dough forms. 

5.  Fold in M&Ms.

6.  Divide dough into balls (Mine were slightly larger than a golf ball).

7.  Pull each ball in half with your hands. Turn each half so the rough side faces upwards and squish the halves together. 

8.  Place the dough, rough side up, on greased cookie sheets.

9.  Bake at 325 for 8-10 minutes, until edges are slightly brown.  I took mine out when the centers were still doughy and looked shiny and they were perfect.

Source: How Sweet Eats
These made giant cookies, about 5 inches across!

Mouthwatering Mondays Photobucket Nap-Time Creations

7 comments:

  1. M&M cookies are one of our favorites! We like them in a crispy type cookie though - I use Joanies chocolate chip cookie dough as a base. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. M&Ms are my husband's fave too, I'll have to make these for him one of these days as they look great.


    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  3. M&M's are a delicious addition to anything I think!!! These look great - I can understand why they didn't last that long!

    Cath

    http://dunnntoperfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cookies look fantastic!!! Love these. Truly your blog is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These looks so good. Sometimes some of the most simple are the best, like these! They are my daughter's favorite. I'd love you to pop in to Whisking Wednesdays and link up.

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/08/whisking-wednesdays-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want one of those right now, seriously need something sweet. Thanks for linking up at Bacon Time. I am going to have another fun give away at this weeks linky, hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun colorful cookie! My girls are going to love these :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips