Melissa's Cuisine: Macaroni Salad

Monday, August 08, 2011

Macaroni Salad

Macaroni salad is another staple in our family's summer menu.  It pairs perfectly with hot dogs, hamburgers, steak, chicken and just about anything else you might grill during the summer months.  Sometimes I'll just have a bowl of macaroni salad for lunch.  It's something every member of the family can enjoy.  You can easily cut this recipe in half or double it to meet your needs.

You will need:
1 16oz box pasta (I typically use elbow macaroni, but I also like to mix it up and use bow-tie or cavatappi)
2 cups mayonnaise (I use fat-free)
2 Tablespoons vinegar
4 Tablespoons relish
4 carrots, shredded
4 hard-boiled eggs, cubed

1.  Follow directions on the pasta box to cook noodles until they're al dente.  Drain and rinse with cold water.

2.  While the noodles are cooking, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, and relish to make the dressing.

3.  When the noodles have cooled, pour dressing over the noodles and stir until the noodles are well coated.

4.  Stir in shredded carrots and cubed eggs.  Refrigerate until completely cold before serving.

Mouthwatering Mondays WCWjpgCast Party WednesdayLark's Country Heart

4 comments:

  1. We like pasta salads too - they are really easy to make and are so flexible. This one sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great cool salad.
    Thank you so much for linking up to "Made it on Monday"!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, sooo yummy! Would love it if you came and shared this recipe with us at Tasty Tuesday! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2011/08/summer-corn-salad-and-tasty-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU so much for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I'd like to invite you back this week.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips