Melissa's Cuisine: Banana Egg Rolls

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Banana Egg Rolls

I had plenty of egg roll wrappers left over from my baked chicken egg rolls and I knew that I wanted something sweet to end the meal with.  Lately I've really been into the peanut butter, Nutella, and banana combination so I decided to go with that.  I made separate egg rolls with peanut butter and Nutella for each of us but I think it would be delicious to put them both in the same dessert too!  I loved this dessert and I know I'll be making it again because I still have left over egg roll wrappers.

You will need:
4 egg roll wrappers
1 banana
Peanut butter
Nutella

1.  Cut the banana into quarters.

2. Place an egg roll wrapper on the counter with a corner facing you.  Spread peanut butter on the wrapper near the bottom corner facing you. Place 1/4 of the banana on top of the peanut butter.

3. Lift the bottom corner of the wrapper up and begin rolling until the wrapper is halfway up.

4. Fold the left side over the center of the wrapper, and then the right. It will kind of look like an envelope at this point.

5. Now continue rolling the wrapper up. Dip your fingers into water and brush on the top corner to seal the wrapper.

6. Place finished egg roll on a greased cookie sheet.  Fill one more egg roll with peanut butter and two more with Nutella, or put both peanut butter and Nutella in each...it's up to you!

7. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, until the wrappers are browned.

*If your egg roll wrapper package has rolling directions, feel free to follow those instead. Or, I found a good visual here.

Button

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! These look delicious! Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. You just took three of my favorite treats and wrapped them into one yummy dessert (literally)! I can't wait to try these. So creative!

    Thanks for sharing with So Sweet Sundays! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips