Melissa's Cuisine: Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread

Friday, July 29, 2011

Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread

As you all know, we are big pizza lovers.  While we love a good ol' fashioned slice of pizza, it's also fun to mix it up and try new ways to eat our favorite food.  We also love monkey bread and for some reason, I thought to combine the idea of monkey bread and pizza.  Mike thought I was crazy when I told him I was making pizza monkey bread (the thought of cinnamon and sugar with pizza didn't appeal to him!), but we both really enjoyed the end result!
You will need:

4 cans buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup pizza sauce
40 slices of pepperoni
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
4 Tablespoons margarine, melted
Garlic salt

1.  Use your palm to flatten biscuits into an oval.

2.  Place a small amount of pizza sauce, a slice of pepperoni and some cheese in the center of the biscuits and then fold up to form a ball around the filling.

3.  Dip each dough ball in melted margarine before placing in a greased pan.

4.  Repeat with each biscuit.  Sprinkle garlic salt over each layer of biscuits as you put them in the pan.

5.  Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, until dough is cooked all the way through.  Serve with warmed pizza sauce on the side, if desired.

I had to show you this picture of what I used to bake the monkey bread.  Since this is the second recipe I've made recently that would be better with a bundt pan (remember my rounded angel food cake?), I think I better make work of getting one soon!

Mouthwatering Mondays

3 comments:

  1. I have a really similar recipe - my family always loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever! I'll be making this really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my aunt makes pepperoni rolls and this just looks like a nice soft pile of them! i can't wait to give this a try! thanks for posting, as always i love your blog :)
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips