Melissa's Cuisine: Bacon Ranch Potato Salad

Friday, July 15, 2011

Bacon Ranch Potato Salad

Growing up, potato salad was a necessary side to any grilled meal.  Burgers, steak, chicken, you name it, if it was hot and we were grilling or having a picnic, you could count on having potato salad served!  When I saw this recipe for Bacon Ranch Potato Salad, I knew we would have to try it!  Mike and I both love bacon and I thought it would be the perfect addition to a cook-out!

We thought the potato salad was good, but it just seemed to lack a punch to me.  One thing I did differently than the original recipe was using dried herbs instead of fresh.  I think fresh herbs would add more flavor than dried, but I had to work with what I had!  I'll share the original recipe though, using fresh herbs.

You will need:
2 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 Tablespoon salt
1/4 cup mayonaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2-3 Tablespoons chopped chives
2-3 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1 small green onion
1 clove minced garlic
1-1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup buttermilk
Black pepper
Pinch of salt
4 slices of bacon, cooked to a crisp and crumbled

1.  In a medium pan, cover potatoes with water and add 1 Tablespoon salt.  Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender (about 10 minutes).

2.  In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, sour cream, chives, parsley, onion, garlic, lemon juice, and buttermilk.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Refrigerate until you're ready to use.

3.  When potatoes are done, drain and set aside for about 10 minutes, until they are no longer steaming hot.

4.  Pour half the dressing over potatoes and gently stir.  Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.

5.  Just before serving, toss with remaining dressing and crumbled bacon.  Serve cold.

3 comments:

  1. Bacon, ranch and potatoes - it sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stomach just rumbled reading this post! LOL! Thanks so much for sharing this yummy recipe with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow~! that looks amazing... i MUST make this for our next bbq~!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips