Melissa's Cuisine: Strawberry Cheesecake

Friday, June 10, 2011

Strawberry Cheesecake

My mom asked me to bring dessert for Sunday dinner a while ago.  I had so many ideas of what to bring...seriously, most recipes I bookmark to try are desserts.  I was having trouble narrowing my choices down so I turned to Mike.  This is the dessert he picked.  I'm so glad he did, it was so yummy and no-one could tell that it's a healthier version of cheesecake!

1/2 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
1 Tablespoon light margarine, softened (I used "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spread)
1 package (8 oz.) Nuefchatel cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
6 oz fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
2 egg whites
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon flour
1/4 cup strawberry jam

1.  Mix graham cracker crumbs and margarine with a fork until evenly moistened.  Press into the bottom of a greased 8-inch square pan.

2.  Gently beat Neufchatel cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.

3.  Gradually beat in Greek yogurt, egg whites, lemon juice and flour.

4.  Pour over graham cracker crust.

5.  Drop jam by small spoon fulls over the surface of the cheesecake filling.  Using a knife, swirl jam through cheesecake filling to create a marbled effect.

6.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until center is almost set.  Cool and then chill in fridge at least 3 hours before serving.

Source: Gina's Skinny Recipes

9 comments:

  1. It's so pretty and sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic!! I absolutely LOVE the graham cracker crust and it is so pretty on top! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday. I hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I just started a diet this week and this looks like a dessert that I could have. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! My husband would love it! I need to incorporate more yogurt into my baking. Thanks for the inspiration. I'd like to invite you to share your recipe on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/06/sweet-indulgences-sunday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my kind of dessert! I love cheesecake and yours looks delicious! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I might need to try this with strawberry rhubarb jam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm W.I.L.D. about cheesecake - especially when it's a healthy version. Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healthy strawberry CHEESECAKE! YES PLEASE!!! This recipe looks amazing and easy to do! Thank you Melissa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips