Melissa's Cuisine: Strawberry Banana Muffins

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Strawberry Banana Muffins


What do you do when strawberries are on sale for $1 a pound?  Stock up, of course!  And then eat as many as possible before they start to go bad!  I bought about 6 pounds of strawberries with the intent of freezing a lot, and baking with the rest.  I froze the majority of the strawberries to use for smoothies.  Then I had to decide which recipes to try with my fresh strawberries.

I love the mix of strawberries and bananas, so when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it!  I thought they were delicious; they were like a banana bread muffin with strawberries mixed in.  This recipe made about 24 muffins, so I froze most of them and pull them out of the freezer when I want a quick breakfast.  A short time in the microwave and I have warm from the oven tasting muffins!

You will need:
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar 
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup bananas, mashed (I used 3 small bananas)

1 cup strawberries, cut into small pieces
2-1/4 cups flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder 
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon salt



1.  Melt margarine in a small microwave-safe bowl and set aside.


2.  In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and bananas.


3.  Stir in the melted margarine.


4.  In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.


5.  Gently fold in strawberries, making sure they are coated in flour. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.


6.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.


7.  Scoop batter into greased muffin tins.  I like to use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter, it's the perfect size for my muffin tins. 


8.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.


Source:  This Mommy Cooks













WCWjpg









Photobucket












It's a Keeper








Party Button













3 comments:

  1. I love strawberries and bananas together too, but can you believe - Bob doesn't like strawberries? These sound good to me though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look really yummy! thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up last week on Whisking Wednesdays. I hope to see you back again this week. These muffins look great, I'm always looking for new muffin recipes.

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/06/whisking-wednesdays-6.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips