Melissa's Cuisine: Marshmallow Peanut Clusters

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Marshmallow Peanut Clusters

The other day my friend and I were talking about the new Dukan diet, a diet where you eat all protein and lose a ton of weight.  Supposedly.  It all sounds well and good, but then when I was watching the news one day they did a segment about how so much protein is actually bad for you and while you might lose the weight at first, it's something you have to continue for-ev-er to keep the weight off. 

That type of diet is way too extreme for me, I like food way too much but I'm trying to watch what I eat (though you wouldn't know by all the food on my blog, right?), so you might notice some slightly healthier recipes popping up here and there. A lot of the more indulgent food I make I end up bringing to a gathering or sending to work with Mike. If it's around the house, I eat it and that totally negates all the hard work I do at the gym (or on the road as it goes for running!)

So anyway, my mind was on getting more protein in my diet when I got home that night.  And this is what I whipped up.  Not exactly diet food...not even close actually.  But it does have protein in it, satisfies my chocolate cravings, and you know what?  It tastes good!
1 cup chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
1 cup peanuts
1 cup mini marshmallows

1.  Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.

2.  Mix in peanut butter until melted and well combined.

3.  Stir in peanuts and marshmallows.

4.  Drop by the spoonful (the bigger the spoon, the bigger the cluster) onto wax paper. 

Allow clusters to set and then store in an airtight container.  I keep mine in the fridge so they don't melt.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this kind of candy! Chocolate and marshmallows together are heaven! Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips