Melissa's Cuisine: Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes


I love pancakes.  I am definitely a breakfast-for-dinner girl!  Growing up we would have breakfast for dinner at least 2 times a month.  And until I started working at 5am on Saturdays, we would always have a big breakfast on Saturdays, always pancakes or waffles.  I've never mixed up the recipe for pancakes too much, usually just adding in blueberries or chocolate chips, but when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try them.  Let me tell you, they did not disappoint!  I thought they were perfect, and tasted so similar to cinnamon rolls, just more moist.

By the way, are you sick of cinnamon recipes yet?  I just noticed that my last 3 recipes have involved cinnamon!  Don't worry though, my next recipe doesn't have any cinnamon!

You will need:
One batch of your favorite pancake batter
1 stick margarine
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon

For icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

1.  In a microwave safe bowl, combine margarine, brown sugar, and cinnamon until smooth.

2.  Microwave in 10 second increments until margarine is soft and can be squeezed through a pastry bag.

3.  Transfer mixture into a pastry bag (or be like me and use a Ziploc bag with the tip cut off--easier clean-up!)

4.  Pour pancake batter onto hot griddle and pipe cinnamon mixture in a swirl over batter.

5.  When pancake is golden brown, flip and cook until the other side is done.  I found that the cinnamon mixture made the pancakes gooey-er than normal and so they didn't turn out quite perfectly looking.

6.  Mix together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla to form a thin icing.  Serve on top of pancakes in place of syrup.
Adapted from: It's a Keeper

15 comments:

  1. OMG! I need to make these, they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! These look decadent. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well let me just say I am not kidding when I say the picture made my mouth water!
    I am SOOOOO making these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a breakfast for dinner girl! I'd eat breakfast for every meal if I could : ) These pancakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing! I've saved this and will be making it this weekend! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is MMMMMMMM!
    Thanks for linking up to Mangia Mondays.....and isn't cinnamon a great anti-oxidant? Keep the cinnamon recipes coming - I never tire of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! Those look so sinfully good. I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i dont like pancakes but these look delish!!! i HAVE to make some! haha. you always have the best recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look sooooo YUMMY! Thanks for sharing at Make Something Mondays!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cinnamon rolls, but rarely have them. Your pancakes look delish! Shame on me for looking while I'm dieting because now I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM! I love how fancy they are, but with ingredients you'd already have on hand!

    I'm going to try these & add walnuts. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes please! I could eat these straight off the screen. And I know my husband would love them!

    Casey
    mrsmeandu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow these look and sound amazing! Of course we love cinammon rolls! Glad I found this on Show Stopper Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bill would absolutely love these if I made them... Amelia too! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips