Melissa's Cuisine: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

Friday, May 27, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

I signed up to bring a dessert for our last SEM meeting of the year.  I wanted something fun that the students would really enjoy.  These cupcakes were the perfect treat!  I made a bunch of mini cupcakes for SEM, and then I brought some to a friend who was having a bake sale for a mission trip to Guatemala, and I still had leftovers for Mike.  Good thing I saved some for him, because he loved these!  

These cupcakes really do have the taste of chocolate chip cookies, I love the addition of the cookie dough filling, and their presentation is quite nice as well.  I had fun making these and everyone had fun eating them!

Warning:  This recipe calls for a TON of margarine, so stay away if you're dieting! ;)

You will need:
For the cupcakes:
3 sticks margarine
1-1/2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
2-2/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips

For the cookie dough filling:
1/3 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

For the frosting:
2-1/2 sticks margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar
3-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons milk
2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

1.  For the cupcakes:  Combine margarine and brown sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer.  Cream for about 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. 

2.  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg is added.

3.  In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  

4.  Add a small amount of the dry mixture to the margarine mixture.  Then add some of the milk and alternate until everything is mixed together.  

5.  Mix in vanilla.

6.  Fold in chocolate chips.

7.  Scoop batter into muffin tins.  Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.  Cool completely.

8.  While the cupcakes are baking (or cooling) prepare the cookie dough mixture:  In a small bowl, combine margarine, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy.  

9.  Beat in milk and vanilla.  

10.  Stir in flour and mini chocolate chips.  

11.  Scoop cookie dough into a pastry bag with a large tip (sorry, I don't know sizes!).  Poke the tip into the center of cupcake and fill with cookie dough.

12.  For the frosting:  beat the margarine and brown sugar until creamy and fluffy.

13.  Mix in the powdered sugar until smooth.  

14.  Beat in flour and salt.  

15.  Mix in milk and vanilla until smooth.  

16.  Scoop frosting into a pastry bag with a decorative tip.  Pipe frosting over cupcakes and garnish with mini chocolate chips.

Source: Tidy Mom

11 comments:

  1. I'm your newest follower, I hope you can follow my blog too :]

    http://lovecupcakesandjesus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like all kinds of deliciousness! I actually love all the margarine throughout the recipe, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six sticks of margarine! But, surprisingly, I'm OK with that. ;) They look wonderful! Thank you for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say hello. I'm your newest follower. I host a link party every week and would love for you to pop in and link up a few of your amazing looking recipes, and follow me too if you want. Hope to see you at the link party!

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/05/whisking-wednesdays-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say these sound amazing and are on my list of cupcakes to bake!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cupcakes look so cute! I wish I had one or two for a snack. I'd love for you to stop in and show off these yummy looking cupcackes today at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a blessed day :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, nice way to combine two treats into one. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been dying to make cupcakes like this. Your recipe sounds wonderful.

    Thanks for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you again this week.

    P.S. I Stumbled your yummy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm I absolutely LOVE cookie dough. These look delicious! I know I have to try them. I saw your link on Cupcake Apothecary and knew I had to stop by. I linked up my red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. You can check them out if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats you were in the top 6 on A Themed Baker's Sunday! Come back for the next theme which is Cookies!!!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/06/themed-bakers-sunday-8.html
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips