Melissa's Cuisine: Super Bowl is Tomorrow!

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Super Bowl is Tomorrow!

Is it bad that I wanted to host a Super Bowl party just so I could make a ton of food?  :)  No, I don't think so either!  I spent the majority of the day in the kitchen today;  most of it was spent making these incredible cookies!  I used my go-to sour cream sugar cookie, covered it with a marshmallow fondant, and then decorated it with royal icing.  I was thrilled with the results, especially since it's only my first time working with royal icing! 






These were so much fun to make!  I'll be posting the recipe for them soon!

Here's my Super Bowl menu (sorry, no recipes yet but they're coming!  I should have planned ahead and made the recipes to post on here before hand!)

Super Bowl Sugar Cookies
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
Peanut Butter Cup Bars
Spinach Dip with Crackers
Vegetable Dip with Chips and Carrots
Pizza Bites
Lil' Smokies in BBQ sauce
Chimichangas and Taquitos (a friend is bringing these!)

What are you doing for Super Bowl?

6 comments:

  1. Those cookies are adorable!! I don't think it's wrong to have a party just to cook! It's the most fun part of hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! They look professional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were SO yummy! Thank you for sharing and I adore the plate!
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are freakin adorable! I need to master my decorating skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! and wow! Remind me not to have you over for dinner...I would *fail*. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. are you still going to post the recipe???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips