Melissa's Cuisine: Mess-less S'mores

Friday, February 18, 2011

Mess-less S'mores

Oh, these are just so good!  They would make the perfect treat for Valentine's Day!

I love to make homemade marshmallows, I don't know if I'll ever use store-bought again.  Homemade marshmallows are so fluffy, sticky, vanilla-infused, and delicious!  Another thing I love is s'mores.  They just scream campfire, summer, warmth...  All things I really miss during a cold (and long) Michigan winter. 

I just received a package of vanilla beans in the mail and I knew I had to make marshmallows again!  I wanted to do something different though.  I thought about just dipping them in chocolate, but then I thought, why not s'mores?  This is what I came up with.  I brought them to my small group and they went over real well.  I know I'll be making these time and time again!

You know, I really don't think the name I chose for this snack really describes how incredible these are. If you have any name suggestions, please feel free to share them!
You will need:

1 pan of homemade marshmallows (click here for my recipe)
1 package graham crackers
1 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
1/4 block of parafin wax (or baking wax),  could be optional, but I like the way it helps the chocolate dry and the shine it gives the chocolate

1.  Break graham crackers into 4 pieces.

2.  Using crackers as a guide, cut marshmallows into pieces the same length and width of the crackers.  (I found that I could get the length of 3 crackers from the short side of the marshmallows, and about 8 crackers wide.  I hope that makes sense!)

3.  Melt wax in a microwave safe bowl.  It took about 3-1/2 minutes for my wax to melt completely.

4.  Stir chocolate chips into wax.  They should begin to melt, but you can put the chocolate chips in the microwave in 20 second increments until the chips are melted and smooth.

5.  Assemble the s'mores by placing a marshmallow on top of a graham cracker and then topping with another graham cracker. 

6.  Dip the s'more into the melted chocolate and coat completely.  Remove s'more with a fork and place on waxed paper.

Oh so good!  I just couldn't resist!!!

26 comments:

  1. These look perfect! What a great treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I don't even like S'mores and I think I want one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm... i just found your link via sweets for a saturday.

    we have two things in common already...

    my name is Melissa, too...

    and i found your stroopwafel post! i'm sending the recipe to my brother who just got his own stroopwafel maker last week. he's very excited to try out some recipes.

    i just did a blogpost on stroopwafels, too.

    anyway, bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to try these! Your photos are gorgeous, too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look AMAZING! Almost like a Moon Pie, but better. I'll definitely have to give these a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, these look delicious. I have always been intimidated by the thought of making my own marshmallows. Is it hard?

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I heart smores!! These look soooo yumm, can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum! yum yum! thanks for sharing, again, glad to have found your blog!
    -meg
    @ http://www.clutzycooking.blogspot.com
    @ http://www.myscribblednotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh...I'm gonna do this and add some peanut butter. Mmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious!!!! Thanks for sharing, i'm now following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Girl Scout troop would love these! I've never tried to make homemade marshmellows before but they are on my list. Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love smores...and I've never had homemade marshmallows. I'm now tempted to make some. Those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM! I love s'mores - and anything s'mores-related!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These sound amazing!

    I'd love to have you share this recipe with Sweet Tooth Friday! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/02/24/cream-cheese-brownies/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh those are so cute. I love this idea. In fact, it seems like a lot of other people loved your treat too because you're being featured as one of the top 5 for Sweets for a Saturday. Thanks so much for linking it up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome, I am going to try this. It has been a while since I made homemade marshmallows. Sounds like a good project tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So easy and so so good! Thanks for linking up today :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. In love with this recipe!
    http://www.shilohstaste.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips