Melissa's Cuisine: Giant Double Chocolate Cookies

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Giant Double Chocolate Cookies

Giant Double Chocolate Cookies (1/17/11)


I saw these cookies the other day and bookmarked the recipe immediately. I couldn't wait to make them! They were every bit as fabulous as I'd imagined and I know I'll be making them again.
These cookies are quite dense and thick, as you can see from the picture. You'll only need one to fill you up (they make a delicious, though unhealthy, lunch!) I'll be experimenting with these cookies too, maybe trying some peanut butter chips, or even white chocolate chips!

You will need:

2 sticks margarine, cold
1-1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
2-1/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2-1/2 cups chocolate chips

1. Combine margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl.

2. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.

3. Add in eggs, one at a time.

4. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder to the bowl and mix until incorporated.

5. Fold in chocolate chips with a spoon.

6. Divide dough into 4 ounce portions (or 12 equal pieces).

7. Form into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2-3 inches apart.

8. Flatten balls slightly with your palm.

9. Bake at 350 for 16-19 minutes.

10. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to completely cool.

Source: Annie's Eats

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Yeah, they really do look super rich and dense and sexy...wait, did I say sexy? Oops. Sorry. ;-)

    Really, they look amazing - thank you for sharing the pic and recipe!

    Visiting from It's a Keeper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,...I just wanted to stop by briefly and let you know I have awarded you the Liebster Blog Award for your lovely and gorgeous blog ( and have done a bit of a write-up and link to your blog ) - I hope you will accept the award and that it may bring you many more followers!!!!Have a great and wonderful weekend.
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Melissa,

    From Bea, Modern Country Lady, I am here and follow you with your mouthwatering chocolate cookies. Anything with cacao has to be good! Thanks for sharing such yummy influence.
    Have a great Sunday!

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips