Melissa's Cuisine: Chicken, Apple, and Rice Salad

Friday, February 25, 2011

Chicken, Apple, and Rice Salad

Chicken, Apple, and Rice Salad (1/31/11)
I wanted something light, healthy, and easy for dinner the other night.  I saw a picture of something that looked like this in a magazine I was flipping though at work.  I got lucky--I don't always get paid to read magazines, but someone needed my computer and there was nothing else for me to do!  The picture stayed in my head all day and when I got home, I knew what I would be making for dinner!
You will need:
2 cups brown rice, cooked
2 chicken breasts
3 Tablespoons honey
1 apple (I used a Golden Delicious apple)

1.  Cook chicken breasts in a frying pan.

2.  When chicken is about half cooked, pour honey over each breast.  This will result in a very deep red/brown color, go ahead and let the chicken get some good color!

3.  While chicken is cooking, core and dice apple.

4.  In a bowl, combine rice, chicken, and apple.  This can be served warm or room temperature, as a main dish or a side!

4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I will have to save this recipe when I am in the mood for something light, it looks like it would hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I'll be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. add some grapes and nuts and i think i will swoon over this! thanks for sharing :)
    -meg
    @ http://www.clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds easy and delicious. will have to try :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips