Melissa's Cuisine: Nutella Cookies--Mouthwatering Monday

Monday, January 24, 2011

Nutella Cookies--Mouthwatering Monday

Nutella Cookies--Mouthwatering Monday


Rachel over at A Southern Fairytale hosts Mouthwatering Mondays each week. It's a great way to find new recipes and new recipe blogs. Check it out, I think you'd like it!
If I had to choose 1 thing to eat for breakfast for a whole month, I would choose toast with Nutella. If you ask me, nothing can beat the warm melty chocolate on a piece of crisp toast. I think I'll go make some right now...

When I saw this recipe for Nutella cookies, I knew I had to make them! Sea salt is one of the popular crazes now in the cooking world, and I thought these cookies would be good with some sea salt sprinkled on top. I was right--the salt really brought out the flavor of the cookies. I made some without the salt too, and they were delicious as well. If you're one of the people who just isn't sure about salt and chocolate, give it a try...please? :)


You will need:

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup Nutella
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
sea salt, for sprinkling

1. Cream margarine, sugar, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.

2. Beat for about 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.

3. Add the egg and vanilla.

4. Add the Nutella and mix well.

5. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until dough is smooth.

6. Fold in chocolate chips.

7. Use a small ice cream scoop (or a teaspoon) to form the dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheet.

8. Bake at 350 for 6-7 minutes.

9. Sprinkle tops of cookies with sea salt after cookies have cooled for about 3 minutes.


Recipe Source: Culinary Concoctions by Peabody

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! And after trying your caramels with sea salt, I'm a fan of the salt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your recipe over at Mouthwatering Monday, I saw nutella and HAD to come visit! Your blog page is super cute! And I can't wait to try your nutella cookies and vanilla bean ice cream. I am your newest follower :)

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I love the addition of sea salt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips