Melissa's Cuisine: Chicken Carbonara

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chicken Carbonara

Chicken Carbonara (1/17/11)


This recipe is most definitely a keeper!!!  Everyday Tastes is hosting a new feature:  It's a Keeper Thursday.  Head on over and prepare to be inspired!

My mom sent me a recipe for Chicken Carbonara Deluxe on the Betty Crocker website and I knew I would be making it for dinner! However, it used heavy cream, and I just couldn't stomach pouring a carton of heavy cream into a dinner food. I'm sure it would taste great, but I was in the mood for a lighter meal. I modified the recipe to make it much lighter than the original. I gave it 2 thumbs up, Mike only gave it 1 (because of the broccoli!), but I'm sure I'll be making this often!

You will need:

1/2 box linguini noodles (I used wheat)
4 slices turkey bacon
1 medium onion, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 chicken breasts
1 cup broccoli florets
1 Tablespoon margarine
1 Tablespoon flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

1. Cook and drain linguini noodles as directed on package.
2. While noodles are cooking, cook bacon in a frying pan until crisp.
3. Remove bacon and place onion, garlic, and chicken in the frying pan.
4. Cook chicken until done. Remove from frying pan and dice chicken.
5. Melt margarine in frying pan and stir in flour to create a roux.
6. Add in milk and Parmesan cheese and stir until thickened.
7. Add broccoli to sauce and cook until broccoli is warmed.
8. Return noodles to saucepan and add in bacon and chicken.
9. Top with sauce and stir until noodles are coated.
10. Sprinkle with Parmesan before serving.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds so good! Bob would agree with Mike about the broccoli though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips