Melissa's Cuisine: Bacon Cheeseburgers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bacon Cheeseburgers

Bacon Cheeseburgers (12/31/10)
Mike and I were talking about dinner foods a while back and he mentioned that I'm trying all these new recipes and he misses my old ones, like these bacon cheeseburgers. True, I hadn't made burgers since we've been married, and it was time to rectify that. Besides, we received our tradition jar of enormous pickles for Christmas and we love pickles with our burgers!

You will need:
1 pound ground beef
6 pieces bacon
1 cup cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoons garlic powder
4 hamburger buns
your choice of burger toppings

1. Fry bacon until crispy.

2. Mix together beef, cheese, and garlic powder in a bowl.

3. Crumble bacon into beef mixture and mix.

4. Divide beef into 4 equal patties. (I usually do this by pressing the beef into the bowl, so the top is flat. Then I "score" the meat by pressing the side of my hand into it. I divide the meat into quarters. Then it's easy to scoop up and form equal patties instead of taking meat from smaller balls to make larger and so on!)

Another trick when making burger patties is to make an indentation in the center of the patty with your thumb. This will keep the burgers from shrinking up when you cook them.

5. Cook patties in a frying pan until they reach your desired "doneness".

6. Place on bun and top with desired toppings!

2 comments:

  1. Good idea to put the bacon in the burger. I've never heard the trick of the indent in the middle. A bacon burger sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping in from This Weeks Craving. My family loves bacon cheeseburgers to, but I never thought of mixing crumbled bacon into the meat. I may try that next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips