Melissa's Cuisine: Chocolate Chip Cookie "Cake"

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie "Cake"

Chocolate Chip Cookie "Cake" (11/26/10)
I created this recipe last week as a replacement for Mike's birthday cake. He doesn't like cake! (Can you imagine? Marrying someone who doesn't love cake when I love to bake? Oh well--leaves me room to get creative!) So I had to come up with something else. He does love chocolate chip cookies, so I figured I would try a cookie in a cake form. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and so is he! Maybe we've created a future birthday tradition? :)

You will need:
1/3 cup shortening
1/3 cup margarine (softened but not melted)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips, divided

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a round cake pan.

2. Beat together shortening, margarine, and sugars until creamy.

3. Add in egg and vanilla. Mix well.

4. Stir in flour and baking soda. Mix until flour is totally incorporated.

5. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips until evenly distributed.

6. Pour mixture into cake pan.

7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when stuck in the middle.

8. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over cake. They will melt on their own, but you might need to spread the chocolate evenly over the cake.

9. Allow chocolate to harden before serving. Enjoy!

****UPDATED PICTURES HERE****

2 comments:

  1. Bob doesn't care for cake either, but he loves cookies. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its very amazing blog!Keep update your blog & share more information.
    Visit Lingayat Matrimony Bangalore.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips