Melissa's Cuisine: Vault Bread

Monday, March 01, 2010

Vault Bread

Vault Bread (3/1/10)
I've recently been introduced to the wonder of beer bread. Simple and delicious! I read in one recipe that you can subsitute a can of soda for a can of beer which got me thinking...and that thinking led to the creation of this bread.

I substituted a can of Vault for the beer. And rather than pour the melted margarine over the top of the bread, I made an icing glaze and poured it over. The result was delicious! The baking actually brought out the underlying orange flavor in the Vault and the sweet topping complemented it fabulously!

You will need:
3 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (12 oz) can Vault
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Add in Vault.
4. Pour into greased bread pan.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and a knife comes out clean when stuck in the center.
6. Mix together powdered sugar and milk to make icing.
7. While bread is still warm, pour icing over top.
Enjoy! Let me know if you have tried making beer bread with any other sodas!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! We did it with Mountain Dew and cinnamon chips. I should make it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your information...It's very useful for many users...I will be waiting for your next post.
    For best pediatric neurologist in bangalore.Contact us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips