Melissa's Cuisine: Cherry Danish Dessert

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cherry Danish Dessert

Cherry Danish Dessert (1/18/09)

I made this dessert the other night when my mom had her home group over. Mari requested that I put it up here because "It was so good!" And best of all, it's super easy!

You will need:
2 8 ounce cans of refrigerated crescent rolls
2 8 ounce boxes of cream cheese
1.5 cups powdered sugar (divided)
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla
1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
1 to 2 TBSP milk

1. Unrolls one can of crescent rolls. Place in the bottom of a grease 9x13 pan. Press onto bottom of pan to form crust, press seams together to seal.
2. Beat together cream cheese, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, the egg white, and vanilla until well blended. Spread onto crescent roll crust.
3. Spread pie filling over cream cheese mixture. I think that I might try using strawberry or blueberry sauce sometime.
4. Unroll remaining can of crescent rolls onto sheet of wax paper. Press it out to form 9x13 crust and press seams together to seal. Flip crust over pie filling to form top crust.
5. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. Cool at least 20 minutes.
6. Gradually add milk to remaining 3/4 cup sugar, mix until smooth. Drizzle over warm dessert.

Original source: Kraft Food and Family Holiday 2005

1 comment:

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips